Audiovisual installation in a fog space
»Community, Identity, Stability« - Aldous Huxley's motto for his dystopian novel Brave, New World of 1931 is currently experiencing a national populist return - whether in Europe, Turkey, the USA or China. In six dystopian stations (audiovisual loops), a panorama of present-day dystopian tendencies is spread out and at the same time hidden in a dense fog. The glistening fog here becomes a metaphor for utopian perfection, which, through its totality, turns into its dystopian opposite: it is all bright - but we cannot see anything.
- Wasserspeicher, Berlin
- Dystopie / Dystopia
- Sound Art Festival
The installation plays with the total inversion of the space: the extremely heavy, dark and acoustically live space of the water cistern is turned into its extreme opposite by the glistening fog and the sandy soil: bright, light and acoustically dry.
All videos use found footage, but with a transformed or even faked audio track:
- 1 - Ideology : her glossy lips (text cit. A.Huxleys)
- 2 - Control : his brother's eyes (visual cit. G.Orwell)
- 3 - Nature Taming: whole tree chips (visual cit. "Bio-Chip" promotion)
- 4 - Artificial Intelligence : sophias smirk (visual cit. "Robot Sophia Test" Hanson Robotics)
- 5 - Bio Politics : embryo's faith (visual cit. "In the womb" documentary)
- 6 - Privacy : elite gates (visual cit. "Elite Gates" promotion)